Fabrication Specialists in Design U are tireless tinkerers who love to build, test, and experiment. Our fabrication specialists serve as a crucial link between concept and reality, turning sketches and product insights into functional products.
- Leverage campus workshop resources (3D printers, CNC Machines, saws, lathes, etc) to build functional prototypes
- Research materials and manufacturing tactics to turn product concept into reality.
- Create prototype experiments to strategically test individual aspects of a product.
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving.
- Exhibit strong iterative mindset. Unafraid to try to new methods, learn, and try again.
- Ability to communicate fabrication plans and methods to others to work collaboratively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive - ability to lead yourself and work independently
- Collaborative - able to drive outcomes working with different types of people
Sorry, we do not have any openings in the Prototyping Division at this time.
If you are interested in joining Design U, we encourage you to apply to our Research + Strategy group.